Who watches Grey's Anatomy? I keep thinking about this quote:
My husband potentially has an amazing opportunity for a new job. He is an Engineer and works in a dirty factory and just hates it. A possible new job would have so many perks:
a company car
frequent flyer miles (my parents live in FL, these would be useful)
a serious pay bump
excellent benefits
less working hours
nice sexy work clothes (he wears a factory uniform now and its really terrible)
we could get a monthly maid!
greater chances of excelling in his career
guaranteed weekends
BUT...
this job would require him to travel 2 nights every other week
This wouldn't be terrible except my son James (20 months) is extremely attached to my husband and he doesn't sleep though the night still. We have a 3 month old daughter Ella and she isn't sleeping through the night yet (although she is amazing and probably will soon). But can I handle taking care of two children who both need attention at night? I'm a working mom too!
My husband WANTS (possibly needs) this and I want him to be happy. I'm just scared and not sure I can do it alone.
It seems as if on the surface the benefits outweigh the sacrifice we would have to make. For me, the money doesn't really matter. James and Ella come first.
What do I do?
On the bright side, if he tells me this, perhaps we could make it work:
No comments:
Post a Comment